Print this articleEmail to a friendFun, FREE Things to Do
2) Walk the Dogbar Breakwater at Eastern Point for views of lighthouses, harbor activity and coastline.
3) Wander through Ravenswood Park (Rt. 127, Western Ave. in Magnolia village). Ten miles of wooded trails & carriage paths through boulder strewn vales, hemlock groves and a boardwalk through the Great Magnolia Swamp.
4) Explore the historic Maritime Trail in Gloucester’s harbor village. (Brochures available locally.) Don’t miss
the Anchor collection outside The Gloucester House Restaurant on Rogers St.
5) Hike around some of the Essex County Greenbelt conservation properties: Carter Reservation, Goose Cove Reservation, and Seine Fields in Gloucester, and Cox Reservation in Essex. www.ecga.org
6) Look for seaglass at Pavilion Beach. Parking available at nearby St. Peter’s Park.
7) Stroll Stacy Blvd. with its iconic Fishermen’s Memorial Statue and Cenotaph. Continue to historic Stage
Fort Park to discover two beaches, a fort with cannons, playground, picnic area, spectacular views and the
Gloucester Visitor Welcoming Center.
8) Attend a free outdoor concert on summer Sunday nights at the Bandstand at Stage Fort Park, and on Thursday nights on Harbor Loop. Check out the Farmer’s Market on summer Thursday afternoons on Harbor Loop.
9) Take a hike in Dogtown. (Cherry St. to Dogtown Rd.) GET A MAP! Bring your phone, water and bug spray!
10) Visit Ryan and Wood Distillery to see hand crafted spirits being made. Call ahead for scheduled tours.
11) Work off the kids’ energy at the West Parish School Science Park playground (Concord St), Cripple Cove playground on East Main Street or the Stage Fort Park playground.
12) Clamber over the rocks at Halibut Point State Park in Rockport.
13) Visit the Whale Center on Harbor Loop for an up close look at the skeleton of “Inland”, a humpback whale.
14) Watch the Blynman Bridge go up & down, letting boat traffic in & out of Gloucester Harbor....watch the
parade of boats passing under the Blynman Bridge.
15) Hit the beach! Walking on to any of our fabulous beaches is free!