- This event has passed.
Reid’s Virtual Ride Bike-a-Thon
Because the health and safety of our participants and volunteers are our top priorities, the 2020 Reid’s Ride will be a Virtual event.
Join in this year for the Virtual Reid’s Ride 2020 any activity, any age, anywhere to alter the course of adolescent & young adult cancer form April 16 through July 19 2020. #myAYAride
What’s Different this Year:
- You can choose any activity you want and do it anyplace and anytime between now and July 19th. It can be a bikeride or it can be spinning, walking, exercising, surfing, skateboarding, walking your dog…whatever
- No matter what kind of activity you choose, it qualifies as your very own “My AYA Ride”.
- For example, for your “My Ride” decide to walk 28 miles, seven miles at a time, between now and July 19. Or you might decide to do 24 sit-ups a day for one week. Or you might decide to bike ride the classic Reid’s Ride 28/56 mile route. For other examples, see the video below (posting from YouTube any time now)!
- Registration is free this year, and the fundraising minimum has been waived. We do ask all registrants to make a donation of any amount.
- Click on the Registration button and select “Virtual Rider”.
- Make a donation of any amount.
- Be sure to answer the Registration Questions.
For more information, visit https://www.firstgiving.com/event/Reidsride/ReidsRide_2020.
Traditionally, this is a 28-mile bike-a-thon on Boston’s North Shore to raise awareness of, and funds for, Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Cancers. Inspired by Reid R. Sacco, with proceeds benefiting the Reid R. Sacco AYA Cancer Alliance. This ride spans from Lynnfield High School all the way to Gloucester’s Stage Fort Park.